Search This Blog

Thursday 1 August 2013

PINK FLOYD - THE SCREAMING ABDAB BOOTLEG

I don't normally buy bootleg copies but this is the only one I ever bought back in the 70's
Recorded at London WEMBLEY EMPIRE POOL (As it was at the time) from the Floyd's November 1974 British Winter tour- Although it states WEMBLEY STADIUM on the cover, they didn't actually play the stadium until the "Momentary lapse of reason tour" on 5th August 1988 (A gig I attended with my brother)


The LP features 3 tracks  - side 1 - SOYCD  - side 2 Raving & Drooling & You gotta be crazy, which were earlier names for Sheep & Dogs respectively.
The recording quality and the size of the venue give it a very echoing booming sound but SOYCD is still not bad, but the sound on side 2 is somewhat harsher with the vocals. All in all though still not a bad recording as bootlegs go.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would be interested to hear people's comments & memories on my posts